Zebco invented the original spincast reel, allowing millions to cast like a pro with the push of a button.
- The most user-friendly, tangle-free fishing reel, ideal for beginners
- Push button design invented by Zebco for long casts with minimal skill
- Also used by experienced anglers as a durable, all-around reel
Available in a range of sizes, from ultralight (4 lb. line), medium (10 lb. line), to heavy-duty (20+ lb. line)
Another Zebco invention, Triggerspin reels are a great option for novices.
- Hybrid design combines the trouble-free use of spincast with the balanced feel of spinning
- Trigger casting design invented by Zebco for easy casting
- Good alternative to spinning reels for beginners
SHOP TRIGGERPIN REELS
Spinning reels are a good, versatile choice for anglers with a little more experience.
- Also called “open face”, good for intermediate to advanced anglers
- Fixed spool allows the line to flow freely on the cast, great for light lures
- Nice, balanced feel because the reel hangs below the rod
- Requires a little practice to cast accurately
- The widest size range of any type of reel, from micro-sized for panfish to giant reels that hold 20 lb. or heavier line for catfish and even some off-shore saltwater fish
Baitcast reels are the most advanced reel style, requiring lots of skill and practice to cast effectively.
- The most advanced type of fishing reel, best for experienced anglers
- Spool rotates as line is released, prone to backlashing (line tangles) requiring the angler to control line feeding out with his thumb
- Though somewhat hard to master, they offer the best casting accuracy and distance
- Offers fast and powerful retrieve in a relatively small package
- Most often used for bass, muskies, salmon and other hard-fighting fish